Friday, April 29, 2011

A Royally Good Day

There was nothing weird or bad about today (so far, at least!)... It was all good. Because, as I mentioned yesterday, I've had the worst case of Royal wedding fever, I took the day off work today to watch the wedding. Just a day off work, all by itself would have been a great day. A day off work, lunch with friends, AND a Royal Wedding.... what more could a girl ask for?

I had originally planned to do princessy things for the wedding (like get a pedicure, make tea, etc.), but in the end I decided to keep it low-key. I just enjoyed a relaxing day and watching the Royal Wedding. Part of me was glad to be home by myself for the wedding. I like to be on my own from time to time.


I loved Kate's dress!!! It was so pretty and elegant and very princess-y. One of my friends was disappointed that it was so traditional and not very creative. The thing is, she had to be covered up (by Royal and church protocol), so there was really only so much she could do to be creative. I think taking her cue from Grace Kelly was smart on Kate's part.

I loved Pippa's dress, too... and the little girls were so adorable!


I will admit that, as a little girl, I always hoped to marry Prince William. I was never concerned about how I would meet him, or the fact that a British prince could never marry an American commoner (gasp!). When William and Kate's engagement was announced, I read an article about what her life will actually be like as a princess. I have to say, I'm not jealous at all. And I truly hope they are madly in love, because they're going to need to be to make it in a Royal life!

So as much as I don't wish to be in Kate's shoes at all, I do have to admit that there are a few things I'm jealous of. In particular, I am just green with envy over the clothes, shoes, and jewelry that Kate will get to wear for the rest of her life. One of the "down sides" to being royal is that Kate will never be allowed to wear the same clothes in public more than once. DARN! New designer clothes for every occassion. I think I could live with that particular hardship.

So, that's my Royally great day today. I've just made Derby Pie bars to finish off my day, and I'm waiting for Michael to get home so we can sample them before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment