Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Weird

So, this idea of good, bad, and weird came from a friend from work. She's the mother of a teenage daughter, and when she picked her up from school each day, she would ask her daughter to share the day's good, bad, and weird.

So here's today's good, bad, and weird.



The Good: A Very Thoughtful Gift
I think it is definitely safe to say that I have royal wedding fever. I am SO excited about the whole thing. Part of me is sad because I always hoped that I would marry Prince William, but the rest of me just can't wait to see the dress, the ceremony, the flowers.... all of it.

So, pretty much everyone knows how excited I am - my family co-workers, everyone. One of the volunteers I work with most often is British, and I love to talk to her about all the royal wedding dish. In January, her sister (who lives in Wales) was here visiting, and of course, I talked to her about the big day as well. Well, today my volunteer stopped by the office to bring me a little gift. Her sister had sent me a William & Kate magnet and tea towel!!!

I am so touched that someone I met only once was kind enough to send me such a thoughtful gift. I'm sure it wasn't expensive or difficult, but it was really SO incredibly thoughtful, and made my day!

The Bad: Feeling Left Out
I don't want to get too mushy or divulge all my secrets or anything, but lately I've just been feeling a little left out and hurt with some friends of mine. I kind of feel like some of my friends aren't being as considerate of my feelings as I wish they were. It's like being picked on in elementary school or being picked last for dodgeball. If I had named the Good, the Bad, and the Weird yesterday... this would have been the bad for the past several days.


The Weird: TMI!
Today at work we had a funny little case of an over-share. Nothing dramatic, but it was definitely the weird in my day. It was also great for a giggle!


For some reason, I feel a little silly about my 30 Before 30 list. So today, I took the plunge and told a friend about my list (yes, one of those friends from today's "bad). I was worried that she would tease me about it, and afraid I might cry if she did. Thank goodness she didn't! She did, however, point out that I better get to work! I've got 18 months to go and 29 things left to do. That means I need to accomplish almost 2 items per month.... Time to get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment