Saturday, April 16, 2011

30 Before 30



After a lovely weekend, and a rough morning this morning, I've decided that I need a little something to get myself on track. Not that I am really off-track, per se. Lately, I've just felt a bit like I'm floating. I'm not in school, or starting a new job, or moving forward in anyway, I'm just kind of hanging out. So... with that in mind, I've decided to make a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. The big day is October 29, 2012, so I have about 18 months to accomplish my list. I like lists, so I'm hoping this will be fun for me and keep me motivated.

30 Before 30

1. Get pregnant. (Yes, Mom, you read it correctly. Probably not tomorrow or anything, but sometime before I'm 30 I'd like to get knocked up.)

2. Make a tasty chicken pot pie. (Recipe failures don't count!)

3. Go to a professional sporting event.

4. Pay off a credit card.

5. Go see a movie in the theater - by myself.

6. Learn a new skill.

7. Decide on a plan of action for career/educational future.

8. Bake a loaf of bread from scratch. (In my head, I'm thinking of real bread, the kind that has to rise.)

9. Buy a big bed!

10. Go on a weekend vacation with Michael.

11. Throw a graduation party for Michael when he completes his AS.

12. Update my resume and start exploring my career options. (Not necessarily plan to leave my current work, but I'm way overdue for a resume update.)

13. Try a Zumba class.

14. Try a new hair color.

15. Get an iPhone.

16. Find a volunteer opportunity I love.

17. Go camping for at least one night - no RV!

18. Print my wedding photos and put them in an album. (We're about to celebrate our 3rd anniversary so it's time to get this done!)

19. Write a children's book - even if it's just for me.

20. Wear a bikini without being self conscious - even if I don't look perfect.

21. Celebrate 12 "fun" holidays like Hug Your Cat Day or Talk Like A Pirate Day.

22. Go on a real picnic.

23. Get book recommendations from 12 people and read those books.

24. Go to Trader Joe's and find out what all the fuss is about. No, I've never been. 25. Write thank you notes.

26. Try out for Jeopardy.

27. Get my palm read.

28. Go on a road trip.

29. See the Nutcracker.

30. Organize the garage and finish unpacking.

Bonus: Find an awesome way to celebrate my 30th birthday!

Whew! I'm feeling super-motivated right now, but we'll have to wait and see how it goes. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment