Wednesday, April 20, 2011

#3 - Go to a professional sporting event.

On March 26th, Michael and I went to the Honda Grand Prix in St. Petersburg. It's an IndyCar race, and this year it was the first race of the season. Michael is really into cars, and he'd been to the race once before and had a great time. I asked if I could go along sometime to see what all the fuss was about. I wasn't really sure I would like it, but it ended up being a lot of fun!

Me and Michael at the races. It was really hot and windy, so my hair is a mess!

One of the coolest things about the race is how close everything is. You can get a few feet away from the race cars between races, and the drivers and pit crew guys walk around all the time. Our seats were right behind the pit lane, and we could see all the action when the cars made their pit stops. It was amazing how fast the pit stops were! In less than 10 seconds, they changed all four tires, gave the driver a drink and pumped a full tank of gas. AMAZING!

Me and our friend, Mike. He's an race-car enthusiast, and he patiently answered all my questions about racing.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the races. It was a lot more fun and exciting than I expected. Unlike NASCAR, in IndyCar racing, they drive on crazy curvy tracks. This race was through the streets of downtown St. Petersburg. I would definitely go again.

Whoohooo! One item down, only 29 to go!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. What a great idea (30 before 30)! I will be turning 30 in October and am thrilled to have someone out there who understands my kind of organization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of your warm weather! We had a few inches of snow today. :( Love the 30 before 30 idea. :)

    ReplyDelete