Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Good, Bad & Weird - May 18th

So, here I am trying to get started in blogging, and what do I do? Neglect my new baby blog, of course! Thank goodness no one reads it yet! I hate it when I find a new blog I love and then they don't update anything. Believe it or not, I have been making some progress on my 30 before 30 list, I just haven't kept up to date on blogging about it. I promise to catch up soon.

Anyway, here's today's good, bad, and weird:


The Good
Panera's tomato soup. It is my absolute favorite thing to have for lunch. I LOVE it! If it's a rainy week, I've been known to go twice in one (four-day) week. I found oodles of recipes online for knock-offs, and I was so excited to make it myself on Monday. I gave it a good try, but it was just not the same. Today I went for the real thing. DELICIOUS!

The Bad
I work for a non-profit, and each year, budget time rolls around. There is a lot of pressure to bring in more and more money while spending less and less and working harder and longer and reach more goals. I am currently in the midst of budget season, and it's a little tiring. For instance, I am guessing that I will go to a conference in summer 2012. I do not know where this conference will be held, how long it will be, or even whether I will fly or drive. Nonetheless, I am asked to make conservative (aka: cheap!) estimates on how much said conference will cost. Oh, okay, sure! Mostly, I just make stuff up. Then in June, I get to try and defend the numbers I made up and fight for my pennies that I budgeted. Grrr.....

The Weird
In January, I learned that I had a hardcore thyroid problem. Basically, mine was not working at all and it was causing some issues. Most disturbing, my hair was falling out in handfuls after each shower. YIKES! So, after a few stressful visits to the endocrinologist, I added hypothyroidism to my list of medical issues (along with asthma and allergies). Now, four months later, my thyroid numbers are looking much better with the help of some medication. And in the past couple of months I have noticed the most interesting side effect: My asthma is better! I'm not saying I'm cured or anything, but I almost never need my inhaler anymore. I have a follow up with the endo next week, and I intend to get more info on whether the two are related.

So... that's my day. As a said, I really have made some progress on my 30 Before 30 list. I promise to post more in the next couple days. And I have vacation next week, so I'll be catching up LOTS!

Corinne

No comments:

Post a Comment